Talk:DotA vs HoN
They share the same stats.--JohnAnon 04:29, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
Can anyone explain stacking slows here?--JohnAnon 04:29, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
- --Workdawg 13:44, 6 November 2009 (UTC) - There's a thread on the forums somewhere that discusses the mechanics of it. I don't remember how it works exactly. I think the difference is that in DotA, slows stack separately, but in HoN, they all get applied together. I'll try and find the thread to make sure that's accurate.
- DotA - You get two slows for 25% each... the first is applied, giving you 75% move speed. The second is then applied 56.25% move speed.
- 100 * (1-.25) * (1-.25) = 56.25%
- HoN - You get two slows for 25% each... they are added together, THEN applied. So you have 100% move speed, and 25+25% slow, giving you 50% move speed.
- 100 * (1 - (.25 + .25)) = 50%
- --Workdawg 16:29, 6 November 2009 (UTC) - Good point, I forgot about that... I'll add that to the notes.
--Warchamp7 21 April 2010 (UTC) - I removed Hellbringer as a port. 3 of his skills were changed and he does not fill the same role Warlock did. I also reorganized the items into their order in the HoN shops.
The title of this article should be changed. It's aggravating for the fanboys and also not descriptive of what this article is about. Perhaps a change to "A comparison of Dota and HoN" ?