Magic Immunity provides protection from magic damage. It will block being targeted by magic skills and effects.
Obtaining Magic immunity
- Shrunken Head - Lasts 10 seconds. Duration decreases by 1 second per use, but will not go below 5 seconds.
- Jereziah's Protective Charm - Lasts 5/8/11/14 seconds.
- Predator's Stone Hide - Lasts 3/3.75/4.5/5.25 seconds.
- Rampage's Stampede - After 4 charges.
- Swiftblade's Blade Frenzy - Lasts 5 seconds.
Some Neutral Creeps also have Magic Immunity:
Certain heroes' fourth skill can target Magic Immune units. This is known as Superior Magic. However, what each skill does to a Magic Immune target varies.
Unaffected by Magic Immunity
- Chronos' Chronofield
- Dark Lady's Cover of Darkness
- Defiler's Unholy Expulsion - While the skill itself is Superior Magic, summoned spirits deal Physical damage.
- Electrician's Cleansing Shock - Also dispels Jeraziah's Protective Charm
- Jeraziah's Sol's Blessing
- Maliken's Possession
- Nymphora's Teleport
- Ophelia's Ophelia's Touch
- Pestilence's Swarm
- Predator's Terror
- Sand Wraith's Mirage
- Valkyrie's Valkyrie's Prism
- Vindicator's Final Chapter
- Voodoo Jester's Spirit Ward - Spirit Ward deals Physical damage
Partially unaffected by Magic Immunity
- Behemoth's Shockwave - Initial wave goes through Magic Immunity, no additional damage
- Engineer's Energy Field - Entering/Exiting the Energy Field deals damage and applies debuff (except Magic Immunity from Shrunken Head); also dispels Protective Charm; No damage dealt inside the Energy Field
- Devourer's Devour
- Flint Beastwood's Money Shot
- Gauntlet's Gauntlet Blast - Stun only; Does not apply Consumed by Power to Magic Immune units
- Glacius' Glacial Downpour
- Hellbringer's Summon Malphas
- Keeper of the Forest's Root
- Kraken's Release the Kraken!
- Magebane's Mana Rift
- Pharaoh's Wrath of the Pharaoh
- Plague Rider's Plague Carrier - Initial ministun only
- Scout's Marksman Shot
- Soul Reaper's Demonic Execution
- Succubus' Succubus' Hold - Mana drain still works
- Tempest's Elemental Void
- Tundra's Avalanche - Stun only; Does not push and apply Avalanche to Magic Immune units
- Bubbles's Kelp Field - Will not deal damage or stun (both initial and breaking the tether), but will still tether Magic Immune units
- Fayde's Reflection - Shadow Cripple in Shadow Stance (Magic damage) will not deal damage
- All Physical-type Skills go through Magic Immunity.
- Other skills that go through Magic Immunity:
- Normal Attacks are considered physical, thus Attack Modifiers still work. However, Magic Immunity will prevent damage from Magic-type DoT status effects.
- Magic Immunity will prevent the following items' modifiers from working:
- Nullfire Blade
- Charged Hammer
- Harkon's Blade
- Void Talisman