Exclusive Modifiers are buffs that do not stack with buffs of the same type. They do however stack with buffs of different types. If you have more than one Exclusive Modifier of the same type, the strongest version will automatically be used.
Heroes of Newerth differs from DotA in the fact that you can have more than one Exclusive Modifier at any given time. For example, you can have both Mana Burn and Chain Lightning at the same time.
Life Steal was an exclusive modifier, but was changed to Attack Modifiers in Patch 0.3.4.
Attacks that reduce mana. Unlike other Exclusive Modifiers, Magebane's Mana Combustion will always come first, followed by the first Mana Burn item you have.
- Magebane's Mana Combustion - Burns 16/32/48/64 mana and deals 60% of the burned mana as Physical damage.
- Nullfire Blade - Burns 20/36 mana and deals 100% of the burned mana as Physical damage.
Attacks that have a chance to stun. Items and abilities with Bashing properties contain a shared cooldown time.
- Brutalizer - 25% (10% for Ranged units) chance to deal 25 damage and stun for 1.4 seconds. 2 second cooldown.
- Chronos's Curse of Ages - Stuns the target for 0.25/0.5/0.75/1 seconds every 8/7/6/5 charges and deals 15/30/45/60 bonus physical damage. 1 second cooldown.
- Pestilence's Gore - 10/15/20/25% chance to deal 40/50/60/70 magic damage and stun for 1 second. 2 second cooldown.
- Rampage's Horned Strike - Stuns and pushes target back 140/180/220/260 units over 0.95/1.15/1.35/1.55 seconds and deals 60/80/100/120 bonus physical damage. 10/9/8/7 second cooldown.
Attacks that have a chance to cast Chain Lightning, dealing Magic damage.
- Thunderclaw - 20% chance to release 150 damage Chain Lighting that bounces to 2 additional targets.
- Charged Hammer - 20% chance to release 200 damage Chain Lighting that bounces to 2 additional targets.